The official journal of the ISD, Differentiation, is published by Elsevier.
For information on the editorial board, article submission, publication dates and contents previews, please refer to the Differentiation website. Print subscriptions to Differentiation are now offered directly through Elsevier at a greatly reduced price for current ISD members.
Online subscriptions to Differentiation are included with ISD membership and can be accessed at
https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/differentiation as soon as you have obtained a username and password. If you are a current ISD member, but do not have a username and password yet, please contact
Go to the JournalAccess Instructions
Aims & Scope
Differentiation is a multidisciplinary journal dealing with topics relating to cell & tissue differentiation, organogenesis, development, cellular structure and function. Differentiation at the molecular, cellular and tissue levels, and the use of transgenic, targeted mutagenesis, transcriptomic, computational and synthetic approaches to problems of differentiation are of particular interest to the journal.
The journal publishes full-length articles and research reports containing original work in any of these areas. We also welcome reviews and commentaries on topics of current interest, as well as perspectives.
The principal subject areas the journal covers are:
- embryonic patterning and organogenesis in diverse research organisms
- human development and congenital malformation
- mechanisms of cell lineage commitment
- establishment of cellular polarity
- stem cell differentiation
- cell reprogramming mechanisms
- stability of the differentiated state
- cell and tissue interactions in vivo and in vitro
- signal transduction pathways in development and differentiation
- differentiation in regeneration and ageing
- therapeutic and synthetic applications of differentiation processes