(International Society of Differentiation – Sessions/ Symposia Organization Award)
Activities to be supported include organization of a symposium in an international scientific meeting related to cell and developmental biology (not organized by ISD), and organization of a session in international practical courses / workshops
Activities to be supported
- Organization of a Symposium in an International Scientific Meeting related to cell and developmental biology (not organized by ISD).
- Organization of a session in International Practical Courses / Workshops
Advertising the Award
A call for application in April and October posted on:
- Regular E-mails to society members
- The ISD website with a hyperlink with a description of the Award and an electronic application form that could be completed off-line
- The website and printed issues of the ISD official journal, Differentiation
Submission of application on-line
- Applications will be considered twice per year, with closing date at the end of June and December, for activities taking place within the following 12 months.
- Applications are submitted on-line to the Business Office of the Society, and include a Biosketch of the applicant, the full programme and organization details of the Scientific Meeting or Practical Course, the Program of the session/symposium.
- The committee will assess the application based on (a) Program of the Scientific meeting, (b) proposed Program for the symposia, (c) CV of the proposer
Conditions of Award
- The award will cover the cost of travel up to a maximum of USD10000 per conference / workshop / course. The amount awarded will be determined by the committee based on evaluation.
- Within a set period (suggestion: 3 months) after the event, the awardee for session/symposium organization, will provide a copy of the final program to be posted on the Society website and a report of the activities funded.
- Awardees are encouraged to display the ISD logo on a PowerPoint slide presenting the Symposium/session to acknowledge the support of ISD and to enhance the visibility of the Society. The ISD should also be acknowledged as sponsor of the meeting/workshop and the logo included in the program.